HC Deb 27 November 1975 vol 901 cc269-70W
39. Mr. Parker

asked the Secretary of State for Education and Science whether he consulted the local education authorities and the universities and polytechnics about the financial burdens likely to fall on them under Awards Regulations 1975; and, if so, what was their response.

Mr. Mulley

My Department had full consultations with the associations of local authorities, who maintain the polytechnics, and the university interests, before the current Awards Regulations were introduced. Of the cost of these mandatory awards, 90 per cent. is met by my Department and the remaining 10 per cent. by the local education authorities.