§ Mr. Hattersley:
The following countries have agreements with the European Economic Community:A. Free Trade Agreements under Article 113 of the Treaty of Rome
- Portugal.B. Association Agreements under Article 238 of the Treaty of Rome
- *Tunisia.C. Trade and Aid: The Lome Convention:AfricaBotswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of Congo, Dahomeny, Ethiopian, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equitorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malagasy Republic, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritaina, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Upper Volta Zaire, Zambia.CaribbeanBahamas, Barbados, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago.PacificFiji, Tonga, Western Samoa.D. Trade Agreemetns under Article 113 of the Treaty of Rome
- Arab Republic of Egypt.
- India (Articles 113 and 114).
- † Pakistan (on certain products).
- Thailand (on certain products).
- Philippines (on handicrafts).
- Indonesia (on handicrafts).
- †Sri Lanka (on handicrafts).
- †Bangladesh (on jute products).
- South America
* Negotiations are in train towards a panded association agreement.
† Negotiations are in train towards a comprehensive trade agreement.
‡ An Association Agreement is also being negotiated with Algeria.