§ Mr. Stanley
asked the Secretary of State for Industry if he will list the discretionary powers vested in him (a) to provide financial or non-financial assistance in any form to industrial or commercial undertakings, and (b) to permit the physical or material development of such undertakings, indicating in each case the legislation under which those powers may be exercised.
§ Mr. Gregor Mackenzie
Excluding powers in respect of nationalised industries, assistance to industrial or commercial undertakings is given by the Department of Industry under the following specific legislation:
In addition, the Department of Industry exercises powers under the Town and Country Planning Act (1971) and Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1972 to regulate the construction or development of industrial premises by means of the industrial development certificate system.
- Industry Act (1972)
- Regional Development Grants
- Selective assistance to industry in assisted areas
- Selective general assistance to industry Refinancing of home-shipbuilding credit
- Shipbuilding construction grants.
- Local Employment Act (1972)
- Science and Technology Act (1965)
- Development of Inventions Act (1967)
- Mineral Exploration and Investment Grants Act (1972)
- Civil Aviation Act (1949)
- Rolls Royce Puchase Act (1971)
- Concorde Aircraft Act (1973)
- European Communities Act (1972)
- Industrial Expansion Act (1968)
- Industrial Development Act (1966)
- Industrial Organisation and Development Act (1949)