§ Mr. Michael Latham
asked the Secretary of State for the Environment how many meetings of the Clean Air Council 166W took place in 1974; and what action he has taken as a result of those meetings.
§ Mr. Denis Howell
The Clean Air Council met three times during 1974. The council discussed the following subjects, upon which its advice is taken fully into account by the Government:
- Smoke control and local government reorganisation.
- Report of the Working Party on London Power Stations.
- Exhaust pipes on diesel engine vehicles. Report on odours.
- Teesside mist.
- Report of Working Party on grit and dust.
- Future work and role of the council.
- Council evidence to Royal Commission on Environmental Pollution.
- Implementation of Control of Pollution Act.