§ Mr. Alexander W. Lyon:
Following is the information requested:
PROJECTS APPROVED FOR BRADFORD UNDER THE URBAN PROGRAMME
Bradford County Borough Council (1969–74)
Circular No. 1 (Approvals January 1969).
- 1. Nursery Class, All Saints' Primary School.
- 2. Nursery Class, Green Lane Infants School.
- 3. Nursery Class, St. Mary's Primary School.
- 4. Nursery Class, Ryan Street Primary School.
- 5. Day Nursery, Bowling-Odsal-Buttershaw area.
Circular No. 2 (Approvals June 1969).
- 1. Children's Home: Harrogate Road.
- 2. Green Lane Infants School: Reception centre for immigrants.
1. Grant for Family case worker.
Circular No. 3 (Approvals November 1970 and January 1971).
- 1. Immigrant reception centre.
- 2. 2 Nursery Classes, Thorpe Edge.
- 3. Nursery class, Brookfield Infants School.
- 1. 5 additional education welfare officers.,
- 2. Staff for extension of family planning service.,
- 3. Grant to Bradford Drug Addiction Liaison Committee.
- 4. Grant to Bradford PPA.
- 5. Social worker for Sloane Square flats.
Circular No. 4 (Approvals April and August 1971)
- 1. Nurse for domiliary family planning.
- 2. Additional education psychologist—especially for immigrant children.
- 3. Housing aid centre.
- 4. Local education projects.
- 5. Additional grant to Toc H.
Circular No. 6 (Approvals March 1972)
- 1. Multi-racial community project: joint LEA—Toc H.
Circular No. 7 (Approvals September, October, December 1972)
- 1. 7 Adventure playgrounds.
- 2. Immigrant reception centre (part cost).
- 1. 2 part-time nurses for family planning work.
- 2. Bradford Diocesan Council for Social Responsibility (Family Welfare Committee).
- 3. Bradford Family Service Unit, Rendel Street.
- 4. Play space: play mobile.
- 5. Establishment of playgroup.
- 6. YMCA community relations project, Manningham.
- 7. Domiciliary services for the mentally disordered.
- 8. Speech therapist.
- 9. Social worker.
Circular No. 8 (Approvals April 1973)
Community education in 2 schools.
Circular No. 9 (Approvals September 1973)
- 1. Bradford and Kirklees library service for Asian immigrants.
- 2. Woodside Community Association: building and play ground.
- 1. 2 part-time community workers.
- 2. Redevelopment officer.
- 3. Cyrenian hostel for itinerant women.
- 4. Store for Buttershaw playgroup.
West Riding (1969–74)
Circular No. 2 (Approvals June 1969)
1. Grant to playgroups, Keighley.
Circular No. 3 (Approvals November 1970 and January 1971)
1. Nursery unit Craig Road Infants School, Shipley.
Bradford Metropolitan District Council (1974–)
Circular No. 10 (Approvals April 1974)
- 1. Playspace (Easter).
- 2. Residential courses for deprived children.
- 3. Multi-racial community project.
- 4. Rendel St. Tenants Association: play scheme.
Circular No. 11 (Approvals January 1975)
- 1. Remedial centre, Keighley.
- 2. Cyrenian hostel.
- 3. Group home for the mentally ill.
- 1. Battered wives center
Circular No. 12 (Approvals January 1975)
- 1. Education centre, Keighley.
- 1. Pre-school education for immigrant children and their parents.
- 2. Unit for co-ordination of second phase language work.
- 3. Educational exhibition.
- 4. In-Company language training for immigrant workers.