HC Deb 26 June 1975 vol 894 cc220-1W
Mr. Kilfedder

asked the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland if he will introduce legislation establishing a small claims court similar to that which exists in England and Wales by means of which a complainant can speedily, cheaply and personally pursue a claim for compensation for a limited amount; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Merlyn Rees

In England and Wales the system for dealing with small claims of the consumer type has been provided by modifying and simplifying county court procedures. I am currently considering whether such a service can best be provided in Northern Ireland by similar or by alternative means.