§ 49. Mrs. Chalker
asked the Secretary of State for Social Services what was the total amount of financial assistance given to voluntary organisations under Section 64 of the Health Services and Public Health Act 1968 during the financial years 1971–72, 1972–73 and 1973–74, respectively; and what is her estimate of the assistance to be given during the current financial year.
§ Mr. Alec Jones
The figures are:
Financial Year £ 1971–72 412,000 1972–73 859,000 1973–74 1,315,000 1974–75 (estimated) 1,900,000
§ 54. Mrs. Dunwoody
asked the Secretary of State for Social Services what was the total amount of financial assistance given to voluntary organisations by way of contributions to their funds under Schedule 4 to the Ministry of Social Security Act 1966 during the financial years 1971–72, 1972–73 and 1973–74, respectively; what is her estimate of the assistance to be given during the current financial year; and which voluntary organisaions are cur-currently being assisted.
§ Mr. Alec Jones
The amount of financial assistance given to voluntary organisations by the Supplementary Benefits Commission under this provision was £23,799 in 1971–72, £37,958 in 1972–73 and £42,312 in 1973–74. The commission estimates that £51,700 will be given during the current financial year.
The organisations currently receiving grants are:
- Bayswater Hostel Association (Dulwich) London.
- Birmingham Committee for Night Shelter.
- Bishop of Middleton's Shelter Committee, Manchester.
- Bow Methodist Mission, London.
- Brotherhood of Prayer and Action, Wolverhampton.
- Cambridge Cyrene Community.
- Centre Point (Soho and Earls Court), London.
- Christian Action (Homeless in Britian), Soho, London.
- Coventry Cyrenians.
- Dashiki Council, Notitng Hill, London.
- Exeter Shilhay Community.
- Newhaven Housing Association, Birmingham.
- Oxford Cyrenian Community.
- St. Basil's Centre, Birmingham.
- St. Giles' Centre, Camberwell, London.
- St. James' Shelter Group, Southampton.
- Society of St. Francis, near Dorchester.
- Society of St. Francis, Alnmouth, Northumberland.
- South West Midlands Housing Association, Cheltenham.
- Swansea Cyrenians.
- Tyneside, Cyrenians, Newcastle.
- Wolverhampton Overnight Shelter Group.
- Grants have also been authorised for the Salvation Army Night Shelter for Women at Southampton and the Nottingham Help the Homeless Shelter, both of which will open during 1975.