§ Mrs. Renée Short
asked the Secretary of State for Education and Science (1) how many schools in England and Wales provide after-school care or play facilities for children from 5 to 11 years of age;
(2) how many nursery or infant schools in England and Wales provide after-school care or play facilities for children from 3 to 5 years of age;
(3) how many local education authorities in England and Wales run holiday play schemes or supervised adventure playgrounds during school holidays;
(4) what information he has about the number of universities and colleges in England and Wales that provide playgroups or nursery classes for the children of students or staff, and the number of places there are;
(5) how much financial help local education authorities in England and Wales give each year to support playgroups;
(6) how many colleges of education and colleges of further education in England, and Wales training teachers or nurses run playgroups or nursery classes; and how many places these provide.