§ Mr. Spearing
asked the Lord President of the Council if he will publish in the Official Report tables showing the substantive reports of Select Committees and Sub-Committees of the Expenditure Committee made to the House since March 1974, and a list of subjects now currently under investigation by those Committees.
§ 1974 Mr. Edward Short
The following table lists the substantive reports of Select Committees and Sub-Committees of the Expenditure Committees since March 1974, and the subject of their current inquiries.399W
Substantive Reports made since March
- (1) Public Expenditure on Transport (H.C.269).
- (2) New Towns (H.C.305).
- (3) Educational Maintenance Allowances in the 16–18 years age group (H.C.306).
- (4) Expenditure cuts in Health and Personal Social Services (H.C.307).
- (5) Defence cuts (H.C.308).
- (6) Service Married Quarters in Gibraltar (H.C.309.)
- (7) Police Recruitment and Wastage (H.C.310).
- (8) Milk Production (H.C.311).
- (9) Public Expenditure, Inflation and the Balance of Payments (H.C.328).
- (1) Central Management of the Services (H.C. 220).
- (2) The Defence Review Proposals (H.C.259).
- (3) The White Paper "Public Expenditure to 1978–79" (Cmnd. 5879) (H.C.278).
- (1) London Docklands—Environment Sub-Committee.
- (2) Financing of Public Expenditure—General Sub-Committee.
- (3) Defence Expenditure—Defence and External Affairs Sub-Committee.
- (4) Diplomatic Manpower and Property Overseas—Defence and External Affairs Sub-Committee.
- (5) Motor Vehicle Industry—Trade and Industry Sub-Committee.
- (6) Charity Commission—Education, Arts and Home Office Sub-Committee.
- (7) New Towns—Environment Sub-Committee.
- (8) Children & Young Persons Act 1969—Social Services and Employment Sub-Committee.
*All reports are from the main Committee.
House of Commons (Services) Committee
- (1) The Landscaping of New Palace Yard (H.C.121).
- (2) Car parking for the House of Commons (H.C.151).
- (3) Parliamentary Accommodation (H.C.152).
- (4) Use of "Official Paid" Envelopes and House of Commons Stationery (H.C.193).
- (5) Security in the House of Commons (H.C. 197).
- (6) Security in the House of Commons (No. 2) (H.C.263).
- (7) Re-development of Westminster Hall Annexe (H.C.264).
- (8) Accounts of the Refreshment Department for 1972–73 (H.C.265).
- (9) Appointment of the Committee (H.C.280).
- (1) The Occupation of Norman Shaw (North) (H.C.94).
- (2) The Experiment in Public Sound Broadcasting (H.C.325).
Various matters concerning accommodation and services.
Nationalised Industries Committee
Purchasing of Powered Roof Supports and Spares by N.C.B. (H.C.129).
- (1) Nationalised Industries and North Sea Oil and Gas (H.C.345).
- (2) Ownership, Management and Use of Shipping by Nationalised Industries (H.C.346).
Subjects not yet disclosed.
Overseas Development Committee
(1) The Oil Crisis and Third World Development; Implications for U.K. Policy (H.C. 230).
(2) As Above (H.C. 131).
The food crisis and Third World development; implications for U.K. policy.
Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration Committee
General Matters (H.C. 268).
- (1) Complaint of Reflections by a Member on Conduct of Other Members (H.C. 228).
- (2) Complaint of the Commencement of Legal Proceedings Following a Speech in the House (H.C. 246).
Complaint of a Passage in the Travel Trade Gazette (H.C. 302).
European Secondary Legislation (H.C. 294).
Amendments to be called for division at end of a debate on a motion.
Public Accounts Committee
- (1) Excess Votes (H.C. 146).
- (2) Excess Votes (N. Ireland) (H.C. 147).
- (3) Report for Session 1974 (H.C. 303).
- (4) Report for N. Ireland for Session 1974 (H.C. 304).
- (1) Excess Votes (H.C. 265).
- Excess Votes (N. Ireland) (H.C. 266).
General matters, 1974–75.
Race Relations and Immigration Committee
Employment (H.C. 312).
The organisation of race relations administration.
The Rt. Hon. Member for Walsall, North
First Report (H.C. 273).
Further investigation of the same subject.
Science and Technology Committee
Off-shore Engineering (H.C. 313).
- (1) Energy conservation—Energy Resources Sub-Committee.
- (2) Scientific research in British Universities—Science Sub-Committee.
Select Committees Set up to Conduct a Specific Investigation
Members' Interests (Declaration).
Committees not yet made Substantive Report:
- Abortion (Amendment) Bill.
- Assistance to Private Members.
- Violence in Marriage.
- Wealth Tax.