HC Deb 22 April 1975 vol 890 cc276-7W
Mrs. Winifred Ewing

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services if she will give details of National Health Service facilities and medical care available in the United Kingdom to citizens of each of the EEC member States.

Dr. Owen

Citizens of other countries of the Community may receive under the NHS treatment for which the need arises during a visit to this country. If they are ordinarily resident here or come for the purpose of employment the full facilities of the NHS are available to them. Employed persons and pensioners and their dependants who come here specifically for treatment with the authority of their own social security institutions may also receive it under the NHS.