HC Deb 12 November 1974 vol 881 c60W
47. Mr. Bowden

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services which public bodies have the power to decide whether or not artificial fluoridation is to be implemented in any area.

Dr. Owen

Under the National Health Service Reorganisation Act 1973 it is the responsibility of each health authority to decide in respect of its own area whether it wishes fluoridation to be introduced and, if so, to approach the appropriate regional water authority.