HC Deb 22 May 1974 vol 874 c204W
Mr. Tierney

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department what rights of appeal policemen have who are dismissed from the force following a complaint of misconduct.

Dr. Summerskill

They may appeal to the Secretary of State under Section 37 of the Police Act 1964, which applies in all cases where a member of a police force has been dealt with for an offence against discipline.