HC Deb 19 June 1974 vol 875 cc147-8W
28. Mr. Gourlay

asked the Secretary of State for Scotland what representation he has received regarding the postponement of the Thornton bypass in Fife; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Millan

My right hon. Friend has received representations from my hon. Friend the Member for Fife, Central (Mr. Hamilton) and from Fife County Council that the Thornton bypass should be allowed to go ahead immediately. He has explained that this is not possible because of the current restrictions on public expenditure but that the scheme will be started as soon as funds can be made available.

Forward to