HC Deb 18 June 1974 vol 875 cc108-9W
Mr. Geoffrey Finsberg

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will give details in the OFFICIAL REPORT of the procedures by which complaints may be sent to the Commission for Local Administration in England, and the addresses to which they should be sent.

Mr. Crosland

Complaints must be in writing and must specify the action alleged to constitute maladministration. They have normally to be referred to a local commissioner by a member of the authority concerned. For the time being, a complaint against an authority anywhere in England should be sent to The Local Commissioner, 47 Parliament Street, London SW1A 2NB.