HC Deb 14 June 1974 vol 874 c656W
Mr. Stanley

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will introduce legislation to ensure that persons whose property is blighted by proposed railway developments are entitled to serve blight notices on British Rail.

Mr. John Silkin

Blight notices can already be served in certain circumstances on various public authorities including British Rail under the provisions of Sections 192 to 207 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1971. These provisions have recently been extended by Part V of the Land Compensation Act 1973. It is also possible to acquire by agreement property that will eventually be needed for a development scheme before it reaches the stage when the provisions can apply.