HC Deb 18 July 1974 vol 877 cc272-3W
Mr. Geraint Howells

asked the Secretary of State for Wales how many local authorities have established places of refuge where battered wives and their children can seek financial and immediate help.

Mr. John Morris

All local authorities have temporary accommodation available for such cases where necessary. Local authorities have power under Section 1 of the Children and Young Persons Act 1963 to provide assistance in kind, and exceptionally in cash, where this will diminish the need to take children into care.

Forward to