§ Mr. Terry Walker
asked the Secretary of State for Education and Science what proposals he has approved for new school buildings and school building improvements in the County of Avon.
§ Mr. Armstrong
The following major school building projects in the County of Avon area received approval during 1973–74:
New Primary School Projects
- Portishead Middle School
- Thornbury, Manorbrook Infants School
- Yate (North) Infants School
- Yate (South) Infants School
Primary School Improvement Projects
- Bath, Widcombe County Infants School
- Bristol, Barton Hill Primary School
Secondary School Projects
- Bath, Culverhay School
- Bath Beechen Cliff School
- Bristol, Lockleaze School
- Bristol, St. George School
- Ralph Allen School
- Sir Bernard Lovell School
- Winterbourne, The Ridings School
- Yate, King Edmunds School.
Resources have yet to be allocated to local education authorities for major school building projects in 1974–75.
It is for local education authorities to decide which minor works projects should be carried out within the limits of the resources allocated to them.