HC Deb 02 December 1974 vol 882 c359W
Mr. Stainton

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will now introduce special short period television licences for Service families and similar categories whose stay in the United Kingdom is restricted by overseas postings.

Mr. Alexander W. Lyon

No. To do so would add considerably to the cost of operating the licensing system. My right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for Defence tells us that the disturbance allowance made to married Service men posted overseas is intended to compensate for incidental expenditure.