HC Deb 08 May 1973 vol 856 c52W
45. Mr. Parker

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services whether he will instruct his officials in future to take the relevant information from applicants for pensions without sending personal documents away with the resultant danger of loss.

Mr. Dean

It is usually convenient, both for the claimant and the Department, for a pension claim to be dealt with by post, but a claimant who does not wish to post personal documents may present them for inspection at any local office. If a birth or marriage certificate is lost in the Department it is normally replaced. If the hon. Member has a particular case in mind and will let me have particulars, I should be glad to look into it.