§ Mr. Edwin Wainwright
asked the Attorney-General how many cases have been before the National Industrial Relations Court since 29th June 1972; and what are the names of the unions involved.
§ The Attorney-General
During the period 30th June 1972 to 23rd July 1973 inclusive, 515 cases were received and 427 cases were disposed of, 258 being determined by the court. The majority of cases received have been appeals from industrial tribunals concerned with redundancy payments.
The following trade unions and organisations of workers have been concerned 496W in proceedings initiated since 29th June 1972:
Registered Trade Unions
- Association of Licensed Aircraft Employees.
- Association of Professional Scientists and Technologists.
- Association of University Teachers.
- Barclays Bank Staff Association.
- British Actors Equity Association.
- British Air Line Pilots Association.
- Entertainment Managers Association of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- Forward Trust Staff Association.
- Guardian Royal Exchange Staff Association.
- ICI Staff Association.
- National Union of Bank Employees.
- National Union of Co-operative Insurance Agents.
- National Westminster Staff Association.
- Union of Bookmakers Employees.
- Wallpaper Workers Union.
- Writers Guild of Great Britain.
Unregistered trade unions and other organisatons of workers
- Amalgamated Society of Boilermakers, Shipwrights, Blacksmiths and Structural Workers.
- Amalgamated Union of Engineering Workers.
- Association of Cinematograph Television and Allied Trades.
- Association of Professional, Executive, Clerical and Computer Staff.
- Association of Scientific. Technical and Managerial Staffs.
- Association of Teachers in Technical Institutions.
- Ceramic and Allied Trades Unions.
- Confederation of Shipbuilding and Engineering Unions.
- Coventry Economic Building Society Staff Association.
- Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications and Plumbing Trades Union.
- Farnell Instruments Limited Works Consultative Committee.
- Furniture Timber and Allied Trades Union.
- General and Municipal Workers Union.
- Ilford Staff Association.
- International Transport Workers Federation.
- Merchant Navy and Airline Officers Association.
- National Amalgamated Stevedores and Dockers.
- National Association of Local Government Officers
- National Association of Theatrical, Television and Kine Employees.
- National Society of Operative Printers, Graphical and Media Personnel.
- National Union of Mineworkers.
- National Union of Public Employees.
- National Union of Seamen.
- National Union of Sheet Metal Workers, Coppersmiths, and Heating and Domestic Engineers.
- Society of Graphical and Allied Trades.
- Transport and General Workers Union.
- Transport Salaried Staffs Association.
- Union of Construction, Allied Trades and Technicians.
- Union of Post Office Workers.
- Union of Shop, Distributive and Allied Workers.