HC Deb 23 February 1973 vol 851 c238W
Mr. Thomas Cox

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services if he will list the grants that can be paid by his Department to organisations seeking to provide accommodation for homeless families.

Mr. Dean

Financial assistance may he given by my right hon. Friend under Section 64 of the Health Services and Public Health Act 1968 to voluntary organisations with national scope. In addition, local social services authorities, which are responsible for accommodation for homeless families, may give financial assistance under Section 65 of the Act to voluntary bodies which provide such accommodation.