HC Deb 16 February 1973 vol 850 c449W
Mr. Stallard

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services what provision is made for alternative transport to disabled drivers, when their vehicle is being repaired or maintained; and what financial assistance is given for this purpose, if the vehicle is on issue from the Department of Health, and owned by the disabled driver, respectively.

Mr. Alison

Every effort is made to replace temporarily an invalid three-wheeler if it has to be taken out of service, although in some instances the individual nature of the modifications needed on the vehicle makes this impossible. It is not practicable to make similar arrangements for users of motor cars provided by the Department or privately by an individual.