§ Mr. St. John-Stevas
I am informed by the Civil Service Commisison that the members of its selection board which interviewed candidates were:—
- Mr. K. H. Clucas, First Civil Service Commissioner (Chairman).
- Dr. L. Rotherham, Vice-Chancellor, Bath University of Technology.
- Mr. D. T Richnell, Goldsmith Librarian, University of London.
- Sir Frank Francis, formerly Director and Principal Librarian, British Museum.
- Sir William Pile, Permanent Secretary, Department of Education and Science.
- Mr. N. G. Morrison, Deputy Secretary, Scottish Office.
Three of the candidates interviewed had experience in library work.