§ Mr. Whitehead
asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will list the organisations and individuals with whom his Department has held consultations regarding the complaints procedure under Section 49 of the Police Act 1964.
§ Mr. Carlisle
Those taking part in the working group set up by my right hon. Friend for the purpose of consultation on this matter with the police representative bodies are :
- Association of Chief Police Officers.
- Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis.
- Police Superintendents' Association.
- Police Federation.
- Association of Municipal Corporations.
- County Councils Association.
In addition, the working group has considered proposals and views from the following organisations and from individual members of the public :
- Community Relations Commission.
- Council for Community Relations in Lambeth.
- National Council for Civil Liberties.