§ LORD AVEBURY
asked Her Majesty's Government how many persons who entered the United Kingdom without submitting to an examination by an immigration officer have been removed from the United Kingdom since January 1, 1973, who would have been immune from removal prior to that date; what were their names; what were the dates of their entry into the United Kingdom; and under what circumstances were they removed; what legal processes were involved in deciding their removal; and of the number removed how many appeared in a court of law.
VISCOUNT COLVILLE OF CULROSS
Since January 1, 1973, the following persons who had entered the United Kingdom without examination by an immigration officer on the dates shown, and who were immune from removal before January 1, have been removed:
- Ram Tej, arrived May, 1969.
- Sakhi Chand, arrived December 1968.
- Shaheen Hassan Iqbal, arrived August, 1970.
- Jaspal Sangar, arrived June 1972.
- Ghulam Rabbani, arrived August 13, 1970.
- Haider Ghulam, arrived November 1969.
- Mir Afzar, arrived 1969.
- Singh Bhadur, arrived September, 1970.
- Gill Kuldip Singh, arrived February, 1969.
- Sekhan Jaswant, arrived December 20, 1970.
- Subhan Chander Vij, arrived September 21, 1968.
- Makhan Singh Johal, arrived about January 10, 1972.
- Choudhry Naveed Anjam, arrived probably early 1971.
They were removed under the powers contained in the Immigration Act 1971 and were not required to be brought before a court.
House adjourned at twenty-eight minutes past eight o'clock.