§ Mr. John E. B. Hill
asked the Secretary of State for Education and Science if she will give details of secondary schools to be improved or replaced in 1975 to 1977.
§ Mrs. Thatcher
The information is as follows:
Secondary replacement/improvement projects 1975–76 Programme
- Cheshire—Crewe, Bedford Street—replacement.
- Cornwall—Redruth, Trewirgie—replacement.
- Cumberland—Whitehaven, Richmond—remodelling.
- Durham—Jarrow, St. Bede's RC Boys and Girls Schools—replacement by one new school.
- Kent—Margate, St. John's C of E—replacement.
- Norfolk—Wymondham College—part replacement.
- Yorkshire, West Riding—Pately Bridge—replacement.
- Bath—Beechen Cliff Lower—replacement.
- Birmingham—St. Andrew's Boys and Tilton Girls—replacement by one new school.
- Bolton—Brownlow Fold—replacement.
- Leeds—Harehills Middle—replacement.
- Leicester—Moat Boys and Girls Schools— replacement by one new school.
- Liverpool—Collegiate High—remodelling.
- Manchester—Nicholls Ardwick—part replacement.
- Southampton—Richard Taunton—remodelling.
- Sunderland—Redby, Fulwell, West South-wick Schools—replacement by one new school.
- Walsall—T. P. Riley—replacement of annexe.
- West Bromwich—Alexandra—replacement of annexe.
- ILEA—Thomas Calton—replacement.
- Enfield—Eldon and Houndsfield Schools— replacement by one new school.
- Haringey—St. Thomas More RC—replacement.
- Berkshire—Windsor, C of E Girls—replacement.
- Derbyshire—Chesterfield St. Mary's RC—replacement.
- Devon—Kingsbridge—replacement of annexe.
- Dorset—Shaftesbury Boys Grammar School and Girls High School—replacement by one new school.
- Herefordshire—Leominster—replacement of annexe.
- Lines, Holland—Boston Grammar—remodelling.
- Nottinghamshire—Mansfield Brunts—replacement.
- Somerset—Bridgwater, Dr. Morgan's—replacement of annexe.
- Yorkshire, East Riding—Beverley Girls High—remodelling.
- Blackburn—St. Wilfred's C of E—replace-ment of annexe.
- Bournemouth—Porchester Boys—replacement.
- Bradford—Manningham Middle—replacement.
- Brighton—Secondary Technical Schools for Boys—replacement.
- Coventry—Sidney Stringer—replacement of annexe.
- Hartlepool—Henry Smith—replacement of annexe.
- Ipswich—Tower Ramparts—part replacement.
- Sheffield—Firth Park—replacement of annexe.
- Southend—Southchurch Boys—replacement.
- Southport—Meols Cop—replacement of annexe.
- Teesside—West Stockton—replacement of annexe.
- Wallasey—St. Mary's RC—replacement of annexe.
- Warley—St. Michael's C of E—replacement.
- Bromley—Rock Hill Girls—replacement of annexe.
- Merton—Wimbledon College RC—replacement.
- Waltham Forest—William Morris—replacement.
One or two other projects may be added later.