§ Mr. Stratton Mills
asked the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland if he will publish in the OFFICIAL REPORT a list of all the Bills which had been presented to the Parliament of Northern Ireland and which had not been completed and which have not yet been considered at Westminster; and when he intends to proceed with such legislation.
§ Mr. David Howell
The following table sets out those Bills which had not been completed when the Northern Ireland Parliament was prorogued and which have not been introduced as Orders-in-Council under the Northern Ireland (Temporary Provisions) Act, 1972:
Measure and Stage Pending
Public BillsFirst presented in the Senate:1. Building Regulations Bill—2nd ReadingPrivate Members' BillsFirst presented in the House of Commons
- 2. Noise Control Bill—3rd Reading.
- 3. Live Hare Coursing (Abolition) Bill—2nd Reading.
Public BillsFirst presented in the House of Commons
- 4. Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration (Amendment) Bill—2nd Reacting
- 5. Fire Services Bill—Committee.
- 6. Museums Bill—Committee.Private Members' BillsFirst presented in the House of Commons:
- 7. Criminal Justice (Temporary Provisions) Act Repeal Bill—2nd Reading.
- 8. Juries Bill-2nd Reading.
- 9. Firearms (Protection of the Public Interest) Bill—2nd Reading.Private Bill10. Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland—Before Joint Committee.
A draft Order-in-Council dealing with the matter covered by 1 above is now before Parliament. It is hoped to lay draft Orders-in-Council during the present Session dealing with the matters covered by 4, 5 and 6 above. There are no plans to proceed with the matters contained in the Private Members' Bills, but consideration is being given to the possibility of introducing legislation for the measure proposed in the Private Bill.