HC Deb 25 January 1972 vol 829 c389W
Mr. Greville Janner

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment whether he will introduce legislation to require local authorities to pay removal expenses to tenants forced to leave their homes because of the carrying out of public works.

Mr. Channon

Where land is being acquired, authorities already have powers to make such payments. I should prefer to complete our review of the land compensation code before deciding whether legislative changes are desirable.