HC Deb 01 August 1972 vol 842 c82W
73. Mr. Spriggs

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services what advice his Department offers local authority social service departments upon ways and means of bringing travel within the reach of disabled people; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Alison

We have given advice to authorities about services generally, which are available under Section 2 of the Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons Act, including the provision of travel facilities. Authorities are building up services as resources allow, and we have been glad to learn of the enterprise of St. Helens County Borough Council in this respect.