§ Mr. Hall-Davis
asked the Secretary of State for the Environment what improvements to the A590 between the Westmorland/Lancashire boundary and Swarth-moor, Ulverston, are at design stage, which are in the preparation pool, and which are programmed.
§ Mr. Michael Heseltine
Proposed improvements to this road include these schemes, in the preparation pool:
and in the programme:
- Lindale Diversion;
- Dualling east of Newby Bridge;
- Greenodd Diversion;
- Barrow Banks Diversion;
- Improvement to Haverthwaite Cross Roads;
- Widening south of Greenodd;
- Footpath improvement at the Maitland Arms Hotel, Greenodd;
- Improvement near the Ship Inn, Greenodd;
- Arrad Foot Diversion.
There are also nine small schemes in the infrastructure works programme.