§ Mr. Arthur Jones
asked the Secretary of State for the Environment whether he will now announce the appointment of the Local Government Boundary Commission for England Designate.
§ Mr. Peter Walker
My right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for the Home Department and I have invited the following to serve as members of the Local 451W Government Boundary Commission for England Designate pending the enactment of the Local Government Bill:
ChairmanSir Edmund Compton, G.C.B., K.B.E., formerly Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration.
Deputy ChairmanMr. J. M. Rankin, Q.C.
- The Countess of Albemarle, D.B.E., Chairman, Development Commission.
- Mr. T. C. Benfield, formerly Town Clerk of York City Council.
- Mr. M. D. I. Chisholm, Reader in Economic Geography, Bristol University.:
- Sir Andrew Wheatley, C.B.E., formerly Clerk of Hampshire County Council.
- Mr. F. B. Young, C.B.E., formerly Clerk of Preston Rural District Council.
These are part-time appointments. A Supplementary Estimate will be presented to the House in due course and advances will be made from the Contingencies Fund pending the availability of Supply, for the expenses of the Commission Designate.