§ Mr. Merlyn Rees
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will list in the OFFICIAL REPORT those statutory bodies which submit to his Department for publication annual or periodic reports.
§ Mr. Gordon Campbell
The list of bodies which submit reports to me is:
- Ancient Monuments Board for Scotland.
- Board of Trustees of the National Galleries of Scotland.
- Board of Trustees of the National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland.
- Crofters Commission.
- Historic Buildings Council for Scotland.
- New Town Development Corporation of Cumbernauld, East Kilbride, Glenrothes, Irvine and Livingston.
- North of Scotland Hydro-Electric Board.
- Parole Board for Scotland.
- Red Deer Commission.
- Royal Fine Art Commission for Scotland.
- Scottish Certificate of Education Examination Board.
- Scottish Health Services Council(1).
- Scottish Hospitals Endowment Research Trust.
- Scottish Law Commission(2).
- Scottish National Camps Association Ltd.
- Scottish Transport Group.
- Scotish Valuation Advisory Council.
- South of Scotland Electricity Board.
- Transport Users Consultative Committee for Scotland.
- Committee of Investigation for Scotland (under Agricultural Marketing Act).
- Consumers Committee for Scotland (under Agricultural Marketing Act).
- Countryside Commission for Scotland.
- Highlands and Islands Development Board.
- Scottish Tourist Board.
The list of bodies which submit reports to me jointly with one or more of my right hon. Friends who have responsibilities in England and Wales is:
- Council on Tribunals
- Gaming Board
- General Practice Finance Corporation
- Herring Industry Board
- Home Grown Cereals Authority
- White Fish Authority
- Central Council for Agricultural and Horticultural Co-operation
- Committee of Investigation for Great Britain (under Agricultural Marketing Act)
- Meat and Livestock Commission.
The items on both lists are published through official channels except for the last five items on the first list and the last three on the second list which are published independently.
- (1) The report is published with the Health Services report of the Scottish Home and Health Department.
- (2) Reports jointly to the Secretary of State and the Lord Advocate.