HC Deb 14 July 1971 vol 821 c120W
Mr. Hicks

asked the Secretary of State for Education and Science if she will list the forms of assistance that local education authorities have discretion to give students living in their area who are undertaking courses provided by the Open University ; and if she will list those local education authorities which are already granting this assistance.

Mr. van Straubenzee

Authorities may assist with such items as maintenance, fees, books and travel. Information on the second part of the question is not available in the Department.