§ Mr. Barry Jones
asked the Secretary of State for Wales if he will publish the names of those local education authority schools in Wales built before 1903, county by county, which he proposes to rebuild by 1978.
§ Mr. Peter Thomas
I have announced as part of the school building design list for 1971–72 projects which will replace the following primary schools built before 1903. I am considering further projects for this programme.
This is the first instalment of a continuing programme for the replacement of all the pre-1903 primary schools for which there is a long-term need. I cannot yet say what schools will be included in future programmes. I am awaiting submissions from the local education authorities for the second instalment of this programme related to the design list 1972–73 which I hope to announce in the spring.
- Breconshire—Talgarth Primary School.
- Caernarvonshire—Bangor, St. Paul's Welsh Primary School. Conway Infants'.
- Carmarthenshire—Burry Port, Parc y Twyn Welsh Primary School. Felinfoel Junior School, Nantgaredig Primary School, Bynea Primary School, Liangennech Infants'.
- Denbighshire—Gwersyllt Church in Wales Infants, Cross Street Church in Wales, Ruabon Church in Wales. Penygelli Junior.
- Flintshire—Holywell Welsh Primary School, Holywell R.C. Primary School, Buckley Bistre Primary School.
- Glamorgan—Peterston Church in Wales, Pontardulais Primary School, Maesteg Garth Primary School, Cwmbach Church in Wales, Llantrisant Primary School, Aberdare Town Church in Wales.
- Monmouthshire—Lower Llanfrechfa, St. Mellons, Rogerstone Infants'.
- Pembrokeshire—Pembroke Dock Primary School, Milford Haven Infants', Neyland Infants'.
- Cardiff—St. Patrick's R.C. Primary School, St. Paul's Church in Wales.
- Merthyr Tydfil—Dowlais Infants'.
- Swansea—Pentrechwyth Infants', Cwm Infants'.