HC Deb 25 February 1971 vol 812 c244W
Mr. Waddington

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment what steps he proposes to take to restrict the type of machines which may be used by out-workers in their homes; and whether he will pay regard to the annoyance caused to other householders by noisy machines used by such workers.

Mr. Peter Walker

There are powers in the Noise Abatement Act to secure the abatement of noise and vibration where this amounts to a statutory nuisance; the Town and Country Planning Acts may also be used to control the use of residential premises for industrial purposes.