§ Mr. Redmond
asked the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will list those feasibility studies for road schemes in respect of which he has not yet made a decision, giving in each case the date when the study was commissioned and, where appropriate, the date the result of the study was received by him.
§ Mr. Michael Heseltine
The situation on the major feasibility studies is as follows:
On those studies where Reports have been submitted, further work and consultation will be necessary before firm proposals can be announced.
- South of Leeds to North-East—the corn-mission was placed in October, 1968 and the Final Report was received in August, 1970—some further work has been commissioned.
- Strensham-Solihull—the commission was placed in May, 1968 and an interim report received in April, 1970.
- Oxford-Birmingham—the commission was placed in May, 1968 and a series of reports have been submitted up to recent months. Further studies are proceeding.
- Ringway 3 South—the commission was placed in August, 1969 and the study is continuing.
- Sheffield-Manchester—the commission was placed in November, 1968 and a Final Report received in March, 1970.
- North Devon Link—the commission was placed in July, 1970 and the Final Report has lust been received.
- A.3 Peterstield-Guildford—the commission was placed in July, 1968 and the Final Report received in June, 1971.
- Chichester to East of Worthing—the commission was placed in April, 1967 and the Final Report received in March, 1971.