HC Deb 07 December 1971 vol 827 c292W
48. Mrs. Kellett-Bowman

asked the Secretary of State for Employment why, in a time of high unemployment, the grants and allowances available to help unemployed men and women to transfer to work away from home, under Form EDL123, are not available to those engaged in civil engineering and the construction industry, even though such persons have no work available in their home area; and what action he proposes.

Mr. Bryan

My Department's Resettlement Transfer Scheme provides grants and allowances to unemployed workers transferring to jobs in the building, civil engineering and constructional engineering industries which offer prospects of permanent resettlement. I should expect workers transferring to jobs in these industries which do not offer prospects of permanent resettlement, normally to qualify for assistance from their employers under the provisions for travelling and lodging of the working rule agreement for the industries.

Forward to