HC Deb 03 August 1971 vol 822 cc280-1W
Mr. John Morris

asked the Secretary of State for Wales what is his policy for caravan development in Wales; and what kind of cases he will call in for Ministerial decision.

Mr. Gibson-Watt

Applications for planning permission for caravan development are dealt with by the local planning authorities in the first instance. My right hon. and learned Friend calls in such applications for his own decision in exceptional cases, for example where the issues raised are of national importance. General guidance has been given to local planning authorities and to developers in Development Control Policy Note No. 8. This note, a copy of which I am sending to the right hon. Member, draws attention to the environmental considerations which should be taken into account in proposals for caravan development.

Back to