§ Lord Balniel
I have set up an Independent Committee of Inquiry which will carry out a full review of the arrangements for providing medical, dental and nursing services to the Armed Forces. The Chairman of this Independent Committee will be Sir Edmund Compton, K.C.B., K.B.E., and the following will be members:
- Sir Kenneth Robson, C.B.E., M.A., M.D., F.R.C.P.
- Professor Sir Hedley Atkins, K.B.E., D.M., M.Ch., F.R.C.S.
- Dr. P. S. Byrne, O.B.E., M.B., Ch.B., F.R.C.G.P.
- Dr. H. Yellowlees, C.B., M.A., B.M., B.Ch., M.R.C.P.
- Dame Muriel Powell, D.B.E.
- Mr. T. G. Ward, C.B.E., D.D.Sc., F.R.C.S., F.D.S.R.C.S.
- Air Chief Marshal Sir Christopher Foxley Norris, K.C.B., D.S.O., O.B.E., M.A.
The terms of reference of the Committee will be as follows:To review the arrangements for providing medical, dental and nursing services for the Armed Forces at home and abroad for peace and war in the light of the developments in Defence policy, and to make recommendations.