§ Mr. Longden
asked the Secretary of State for the Environment who are the present members of the Building Regu- 104W lations Advisory Committee and what advice that committee has recently tendered to his Department.
§ Mr. Amery
The present members of the Building Regulations Advisory Committee are as follows:
- P. H. P. Bennett, Esq., M.A., F.R.I.B.A. (Chairman), Private Architect.
- T. N. W. Akroyd, Esq., M.S.C., LLB., M.I.C.E., M.I.Struct.E., Consulting Engineer.
- W. Babington, Esq., M.I.Fire.E., Chief Fire Officer, Kent C.C.
- N. E. Back, Esq., M.B.E., C.Eng., M.I.Struct.E., District Surveyor, Greater London Council.
- G. H. Barrett, Esq., A.R.I.C.S., A.I.A.S., Chief Building Surveyor, Birmingham.
- A. G. Beckett, Esq., A.R.I.B.A., Dip.T.P., A.M.T.P.I., Borough Architect, Brent.
- K. W. Dale, Esq., F.I.H.V.E., A.M.Inst.F., M.Cons.E., Consulting Engineer (Heating and Ventilation).
- H. E. Gilby, Esq., Hon. F.R.S.H., Hon. F.A.P.H.A., F.R.I.C.S., F.I.Mun.E., F.I.P.H.E., Engineer & Surveyor, Hertford R.D.C.
- D. W. Llewellyn, Esq., F.I.O.B., Director, Building Company.
- R. J. Meddings, Esq., C.B.E., Town Clerk, Wolverhampton.
- G. A. Rowe, Esq., Dip.Arch., F.R.I.B.A., Priv. Architect.
- L. O. Whittaker, Esq., B.Sc.(Eng.), C.Eng., F.I.Mech.E., F.I.E.E., Chief Engineer, Fisons Ltd.
- N. S. Williams, Esq., C.Eng., F.I.C.E., F.I.Struct.E., A.M.I.W.E., Consulting Engineer.
- A. H. Withers, Esq., Administrative Officer, Greater London Council.
In recent months the Committee has advised principally on the proposals for amending the Building Regulations, 1965, which were circulated for comment by interested bodies on 30th September, 1970, in accordance with Section 9(3) of the Public Health Act, 1961. The Committee has also advised on the proposals for metricating and consolidating the building regulations.