§ Sir R. Russell
asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will publish a list of the selected road junctions in the Greater London area which are being kept clear of parked vehicles by the Metropolitan Police in conjunction with the Greater London Council, in order to give drivers greater visibility; and how soon he expects the result of this experiment to be assessed.
§ Mr. Sharples
The experiment is to begin next month at the junctions listed below. The results are to be assessed after about 12 months.
- Lambeth—Akerman Road/Burton Road, Lilford Road/Flaxman Road, Mayall Road/Shakespeare Road, Railton Road/Shakespeare Road, Abbeville Road/Narbonne Avenue, Mitcham Lane/Ambleside Avenue.
- Hackney—De Beauvoir Road/Northchurch Terrace, Dunsmure Road/Fairholt Road/Bethune Road.
- Westminster—Queen's Grove/Ordnance Hill /St. John's Wood Park, Loudoun Road/Marlborough Place, Allitsen Road/Townsend Road, Acacia Road/Ordnance Hill.
- Kensington and Chelsea—Ladbroke Grove/Lansdowne Crescent/Ladbroke Gardens, Ladbroke Grove/St. Charles' Square/St. Michael's Gardens, Ladbroke Grove/Elgin Crescent, Ladbroke Grove/Blenheim Crescent.
- Brent—Christchurch Avenue/Brondesbury Park, College Road/Bathurst Gardens/Clifford Gardens, Kilburn High Road/Christchurch Avenue/Maygrove Road.
- Enfield—Green Lanes/Barrowell Green, Hertford Road/Albany Park Avenue.
- Barking—Valence Avenue/Valence Wood Road/Lindisfarne Road, Valence Avenue/Mayfield Road/Kemp Road.
- Harringey—Tottenham Lane/Elmfield Avenue, Tottenham Lane/Ferme Park Road.