HC Deb 23 March 1970 vol 798 cc312-3W
Mr. Snow

asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government if he has issued guidance to local authorities as to how they should act in the matter of registration by individuals of land deemed by tradition to be within the control of parishes and other bodies; and if he will call for a report from the Staffordshire County Council on the incidence of such registrations in the Lichfield Rural District.

Mr. Greenwood

Local authorities have been advised in circulars of the procedure for objecting to provisional registration made under the Commons Registration Act, 1965. I am confident that local authorities can be relied upon to object to any provisional registrations which they dispute, and I do not think it necessary to call for a report from Staffordshire County Council.