HC Deb 21 July 1970 vol 804 c80W
Mr. Barnett

asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government if he will seek powers to appoint a Parliamentary Commissioner for Local Government; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Peter Walker

I would refer the hon. Member to my answer to my hon. Friend the Member for Dorset, South (Mr. Evelyn King) on 14th July.—[Vol. 803, c.157–8.]