§ Mr. Hugh Jenkins
asked the Secretary of State for Local Government and Regional Planning what are his present proposals for a noise advisory council; and if he will make a statement.
§ Mr. Crosland
In accordance with the Prime Minister's announcement in the House on 11th December, 1969, I have now established an Advisory Council on Noise with the following terms of reference:
"To keep under review the progress made generally in preventing and abating the generation of noise, to make recommendations to Ministers with responsibility in this field and to advise on such matters as they may refer to the Council."302W
I, or another Minister, will preside over the Council which will have within its ambit all aspects of noise prevention and abatement within the limits set by security considerations in the defence field.
The following have so far accepted invitations to serve on the Council:—
- Mr. H. Archer, F.R.S.H., F.A.P.H.I. Mr. J. Bugler.
- Dr. K. Campbell, M.A., M.D., LL.B., D.P.H., L.M.
- Professor B. L. Clarkson, B.Sc., Ph.D. Mr. E. Epson.
- Mr. H. R. Featherstone, F.C.I.S., Assoc.Ins.T.
- Mr. R. Foster, O.B.E.
- Dr. H. H. Gardner, B.Sc., C.Eng., F.R.Ae.S.
- Mr. D. Gladwin.
- Mr. D. B. Harrison, LL.M.
- Mr. E. M. Kean.
- Professor G. M. Lilley, M.Sc.(Eng.), D.I.C., C.Eng., F.R.Ae.S., M.I.Mech.E., F.LM.A.
- Professor R. H. Macmillan, M.A., C.Eng.
- Dr. E. J. Richards, 0.B.E., M.A., D.Sc., C.EngF.R.Ae.S., F.I.Mech.E. Professor M. Roth, M.D., F.R.C.P., D.P.M.
- Sir Hilary Scott.
- Mrs. S. Stern.
- Dr. H. P. Stout, B.A., Ph.D., F.T.I., A.Inst.P.
- Dr. W. Taylor, B.Sc., Ph.D., M.D., M.R.C.P. (Ed.)
- Mr. S. Williams.