HC Deb 30 April 1969 vol 782 cc241-2W
84. Mr. Eadie

asked the Secretary of State for Scotland what are the present waiting periods for persons residing in the constituency of Midlothian who require hospitalisation; and what is the waiting period before they can obtain appointments with consultants to whom they are referred by their general practitioner.

Mr. Ross

In 1967 the average waiting time of Midlothian people for admission to a hospital bed (other than for mental, mental deficiency and maternity beds) was 78.8 days. This covers only 34 per cent. of hospital patients from Midlothian; the remaining 66 per cent. are admitted otherwise than from waiting lists.

The information requested in the second part of the Question is not available according to place of residence of patients.