HC Deb 21 May 1968 vol 765 c60W
Mr. Peter M. Jackson

asked the Secretary of State for Defence what are the instructions given to Army units undertaking engineering work which seriously affects amenity and is opposed by the majority of outdoor organisations in the United Kingdom.

Mr. Boyden

The Royal Engineers normally undertake work involving public amenities at the request of local authorities who are responsible for consultation with appropriate interests.