§ Mrs. Ewing
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will list the representations he has received which are, respectively, clearly in favour or clearly against the retention of the track of the Stranraer-Dumfries line.
§ Mr. Ross
I will, with permission, circulate in the OFFICIAL REPORT a note showing representations received in the Scottish Office. Certain other representations were, I understand, properly addressed to the Ministry of Transport.
Following is the information:
Representations in favour of retention were received in the Scottish Office from the following:
- Town Council of Castle Douglas;
- Dumfries Branch of the Scottish National Party;
- Scottish Railway Development Association;
- Economic Planning Consultative Group for the South-West;
- Deputation representing local authorities and other interests led by the hon. Member for Galloway (Mr. John Brewis).