§ Mr. Tudor Watkins
asked the Secretary of State for Wales whether he will give a list of the organisations, authorities, councils and committees in Wales and Monmouthshire to which he makes appointments; and if he will also list those bodies which cover Wales and Monmouthshire about which he is consulted before appointments are made by other Ministers.
§ Mr. George Thomas
The information is given in the following lists:
(a) Bodies in Wales and Monmouthshire to which some or all appointments are made by the Secretary of State for Wales:
- Cwmbran Development Corporation.
- Historic Buildings Council for Wales.
- Mid-Wales Development Corporation.
- Rent Assessment Panels for Wales.
- River Authorities in Wales.
- Sports Council for Wales.
- Wales Rural Development Board✶.
- Wales Tourist Board.
- Welsh Council.
- Welsh Language Advisory Translation Panel.
✶ Appointments made by the Secretary of State for Wales and the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.136W
(b) Bodies covering Wales and Monmouthshire to which appointments are made by other Ministers after consultation with the Secretary of State for Wales:
- Agricultural Research Council.
- Ancient Monuments Board for Wales.
- Arts Council of Great Britain.
- Board of Governors, United Cardiff Hospitals.
- Boundary Commission for Wales.
- British Council, Welsh Advisory Committee.
- Broadcasting Council for Wales.
- Clean Air Council.
- Council on Tribunals.
- County Health Executive Committees in Wales.
- Forestry Commission.
- Forestry Commission, National Committee for Wales.
- Forestry Commission Regional Advisory Committees (North and South Wales).
- Independent Television Authority.
- Industrial Estates Management Corporation (Wales).
- Industrial Injuries Advisory Committee.
- Land Commission.
- Library Advisory Council for Wales.
- Merseyside and North Wales Electricity Board.
- Merseyside and North Wales Electricity Consultative Council.
- Ministry of Social Security (Supplementary Benefits) Committee.
- National Insurance Advisory Council.
- National Library of Wales (Court and Council).
- National Museum of Wales (Court and Council).
- National Park Planning and Joint Advisory Councils in Wales.
- Nature Conservancy Sub-Committee for Wales.
- Passenger Transport Co-ordinating Committee for Wales.
- South Wales Electricity Board.
- South Wales Electricity Consultative Council.
- Sports Council.
- Transport Users' Consultative Committee for Wales.
- University of Wales (Court and Council).
- University Colleges in Wales (Courts and Councils).
- University of Wales Institute of Science and Technology (Court and Council).
- Wales Gas Board.
- Wales Gas Consultative Council.
- Water Resources Board.
- Welsh Advisory Committee for Civil Aviation.
- Welsh Arts Council.
- Welsh Hospital Board.