§ Mr. Tudor Watkins
asked the Secretary of State for Wales if he will list the forms which have been translated into Welsh under regulations made by the Registrar General since the Welsh Language Act, 1967 has been in operation.
§ Mr. George Thomas
In addition to the birth register itself, the following 34 forms have been translated into Welsh in connection with bilingual birth registration:
- (a) 9 forms of certificate (copies or extracts from the registers issued to the public);
- (b) 5 declaration forms (completed by the public to enable birth entries to be registered, re-registered or corrected);
- (c) 11 forms of authority (authorising re-registration in varying circumstances);
- (d) 3 requisitions (requiring informants to carry out their statutory obligations);
- (e) 2 certificates of naming (to enable birth entries to be completed with names);
- (f) 4 miscellaneous forms (for internal use).