§ Mrs. Ewing
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will name the bodies principally concerned in regard to consultation on the Report of the Grant Committee on the Sheriff Court, and give an assurance that the Glasgow Bar Association is included.
§ Mr. Ross:
The principal bodies consulted about the Report on the Sheriff Court are as follows:
- The Sheriffs.
- The Sheriffs Substitute Association.
- The Standing Advisory Committee, Sheriff Clerks Service.
- Procurator Fiscal Society.
- Faculty of Advocates.
- Law Society of Scotland.
- Association of County Councils in Scotland.
- Scottish Counties of Cities Association.
- Convention of Royal Burghs.
In addition the Glasgow Bar Association recently submitted its observations. I shall consider these along with the comments received from other bodies.